Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2007-Aug-18 11:53:12
Subject:Re: Forcing verticals to stay vertical in PTGui -- How?

PanoTools NG: Re: Forcing verticals to stay vertical in PTGui -- How? Erik Krause 2007-Aug-18 11:53:12
On Friday, August 17, 2007 at 11:22, Scott Witte wrote:

> Perhaps the biggest problem is that in the
> warping process some buildings get bent noticeably off vertical while others
> remain exactly upright.
>
> Is there a way in PTGui to force verticals to be exactly vertical and
> stay that way, warping everything else to fit? I've already placed
> oodles of vertical control point pairs. Sure would like to avoid hours
> of Photoshop time. It seems there should be some way using the advanced
> options in the optimization tab but I can't figure it out. :-(

Since you shot down from above I suspect that you get perspective
distortion, too. You can correct that but you will have to allow
optimization of Pitch and Roll for *all* images (even the anchor
image). In PTGui you must switch to "Advanced" display on Optimizer
tab to do that.

More about perspective correction on
http://wiki.panotools.org/Perspective_correction

BTW.: It would be easier to help if you provided an example image...

best regards
--
http://www.erik-krause.de