Sender:panovrx
Date/Time:2012-Feb-19 00:49:44
Subject:Re: Canon 8/15mm at 8mm

PanoTools NG: Re: Canon 8/15mm at 8mm panovrx 2012-Feb-19 00:49:44

--- In #removed#, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

> Very nice, Peter.
> Is it rendered to the full resolution?

I outputted it as 7200/3600 through habit but I think that might be a little more than its native resolution.

At the 12mm setting, which is the narrowest focal length where you still get the top and bottom of the image circle without rolling the camera the native resolution on a 5DMkII is about 10000/5000.

Here is a 12mm pano I shot yesterday in the Blue Mountains near Sydney

http://www.mediavr.com/threesisters2012/threesisters2012.htm

at the native resolution. (This is 2 bracketed shots, 6 around. with my custom pole base.)  It was very still so exposure blending in PTGUI worked well. Usually this location is very breezy.
http://www.mediavr.com/levellingbase.jpg)
I made a "cylinderworld" variant of a little planet view of it - which looks interesting I think
http://www.mediavr.com/cylinderworld.jpg

PeterM