Sender:Serge Maandag
Date/Time:2005-Mar-07 22:50:21
Subject:RE: RE: PanoTools.info

PanoTools: RE: RE: PanoTools.info Serge Maandag 2005-Mar-07 22:50:21
> I don't know very much about wikis, but if you look at the
> wikipedia page there are 142 admins for the german and 416
> for the english version. May be we should have more then one
> admin. That would split up the work and give more rights to
> the main contributors.

Right now everyone is an admin. There's virtually no constraint
If you want to edit a page or make a new one.

> Many people (me included) have pages of their own where they
> publish helpful tutorials and know how. They see no reason
> why they should have addional effort to convert their pages
> to place them in the wiki.

Right now the content is spreaded around the net. Sometimes
Things disappear leaving you with dead links. Also, there's
No structure in reading many differently formatted pages.
Especially if each one starts with a description of what the
Nodal point is. I know that by now :)

The knowledge base can be of use for both starting and
Established users. I've been a member of the list since 2000
And I've seen a lot, but I don't know it all by heart. Right
Now Google is the only option I have, but it's an ugly way
And I have to come up with good search terms.

The wiki is all about community stuff. Give a little and take
A lot. That's my opinion.

Serge.