Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2005-Sep-19 12:25:50
Subject:Re: Very Large Objects

PanoTools: Re: Very Large Objects Carl von Einem 2005-Sep-19 12:25:50
> I just found this by google for about 78 Euros:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7qxsp (a pic of the whole system)
> http://tinyurl.com/dlavb (system in use)
>
> It is an acustic tube level which is designed to use by one pesron only
> (more wine to enjoy ;-) )

Interesting idea (to ease the workflow) but the picture doesn't use a
silicon tube, normal plastic isn't good for wine I believe (as long as
it isn't the same material used in wine "bladders")... and I really like
to share my wine with somebody else.

> Probably it is better to mark the floor first with all the circle
> increments and move the big object
> afterwards in the signed circle center.

Depends on the Object, some of them are not easily moved, like a
fountain :-)
But with a car in a landscape this is surely the better approach.

> What about camera attachement (L-bracket) with a built in laserpointer,
> circular level and a holder for the tube level?
> Workflow:
> 1. Stand on shooting position
> 2. Level laserpointer and circular level together
> 3. Level tube level (beep!)
> 4. Shoot
>
> Next position and binn with No. 1......
> Just a quick  idea...... ;-)

Personally I don't like laser pointers, they can be really dangerous
under certain conditions, can't they?

Carl

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM