Sender:Dennis Thomsen
Date/Time:2000-Jul-08 23:01:24
Subject:Re: blending question

proj-imim: Re: blending question Dennis Thomsen 2000-Jul-08 23:01:24
Heya

> I've been lurking on this mailing list for the last few months and have
> picked up quite a few tips, and for that I would like to thank you all.
But
> the time has come for me to ask a question. I am stitching two photos made
> from a Nikon 950 camera and 8mm fisheye lens. I have the alignment down
pat
> but get dark lines where the seams are. Can anyone share their "secrets"
or
> "tips" on how to edit the panorama using Photoshop 5.0 to blend the seams
so
> they can't be seen. I adjusted the Gamma correction in my scripts and it
> didn't help. Do I have to adjust my script to lessen the overlap or can I
> blend it in Photoshop. Any help would be appreciated.

Using the 990 + the 8mm lense and had the same problem - the only way to get
around it is to crop the fisheye images. The lense does about 187-189
degrees, but if you crop about 10-13 pixels of the "normal croped" fisheye
images you will get about 183 degrees pr. image and a perfect result.

good luck

/Dennis.