Sender:John Spikowski
Date/Time:2006-Jul-06 21:32:54
Subject:Wiki navigation cleanup

PanoTools: Wiki navigation cleanup John Spikowski 2006-Jul-06 21:32:54
> Not to quibble, but I believe that the "new members comment"
> (at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools/message/28923)
> was referring to some "knowledge base" other than the wiki.

> Welcome aboard Alexandre. The group has assembled a verity of
resources that
> will help you out. You will find a wiki knowledge base and an
access to past
> post (with search engine) at http://www.panotools.info .
>
> John

Thanks for your message. I don't mean to be an annoying newbie, but
i have rarely seen a knowledgebase being such a mess, it's
impossible to find some information... I make a search with
pano12.dll and it returns 900+ results, one with "installing
panotools" it returns 150+ results :(

Alexandre

He was looking in the wiki which I referred to as the 'knowledge base' and
may have used the archive search engine also. (phpdig) on the
www.panotools.info site.

I think the wiki has a lot of great information and as Alexandre found out,
it takes a little work to find what your looking for,

> He reported that "I make a search with pano12.dll and it
> returns 900+ results, one with "installing panotools" it
> returns 150+ results".
> Those numbers are consistent with searching the archives, not
> the wiki.

I'm pretty sure phpdig  is what he is referring to above.

> In fact, searching the wiki for "pano12.dll" returns only 30
> results.  The very first one lists several places to get it,
> and the second how to build it from source.
>
> Searching the wiki for "installing panotools" returns 0 results.
> That might be a good target for some more text.
>
> But regarding organization and formatting, it seems that the
> wiki was not the new member's problem.
>
> Rik

There is only two resources on the www.panotools.info site. The wiki and the
P*ML archive search engine. He wasn't given any other links.

John

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM