Sender:Serge Maandag
Date/Time:2006-Jul-17 23:31:03
Subject:RE: Peace Offering

PanoTools: RE: Peace Offering Serge Maandag 2006-Jul-17 23:31:03
> I would be willing to take down the PanoTools wiki that is
> currently running on www.panotools.info site and the NG group
> can take over as caretaker.
> We're going to take a link hit but if that would stop the
> fighting and allow both lists to survive then I'm willing if
> everyone else thinks this is a good idea.

Dear John,

We, the moderators and members of the new group and sysops of the wiki,
applaud your decision. We would like to accept this offer. We will be
hosting the wiki under the panoramatools.org domain. If you can put a
http redirect on wiki.panotools.info and on www.panotools.info/mediawiki

to wiki.panoramatools.org, then that will prevent people with old links
from stumbling upon a dead URL.

We read your offer as an unconditional one and think it'll surely
benefit
the community as a whole to have the single wiki.

Sincerely,

Serge Maandag
Mark d. Fink
Erik Krause
Carl von Einem
Luca Vascon
Yuval Levy

p.s. The easiest way to do the redirects, would be to place this code:

<?php
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location: http://wiki.panoramatools.org/".$_GET['title']);
exit;
?>

at the beginning of the wiki's index.php.
Thanks in advance!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM