Sender:Ian Wood
Date/Time:2007-May-11 01:42:15
Subject:Re: Re: Workflow Macro

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Workflow Macro Ian Wood 2007-May-11 01:42:15
On 11 May 2007, at 00:25, JD Smith wrote:

> To which command line apps do you refer?  On my Mac, I readily use
> PTBlender, PTMender, nona, enblend, autopano-sift, and a variety of
> other command line tools in various workflows, just as easily as in
> Linux.  I don't know much about the Windows command-line usability of
> the PanoTools constellation of software, but I can't imagine it's
> better off than on the Unix side (i.e. both OSX and Linux).  On the
> Mac,
> you can even call command line tools directly from Applescript, in the
> same place you do GUI scripting.

Autopano-sift is the culprit. Unless it's speeded up *enormously*
since the last time I looked at it on Mac, it was roughly twenty
times slower than PTGui's current implementation and was far less
accurate on top of that.
Everything else is pretty much identical on Win/Mac/Linux but when it
comes to auto-generating panos, CP generation is one of the most
vital steps.

Ian