Sender:Jim Watters
Date/Time:2007-May-14 21:59:25
Subject:Re: Re: Hugin and fisheyes

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Hugin and fisheyes Jim Watters 2007-May-14 21:59:25
If you have not rotated your images to portrait then the hfov will be
much higher than 193.  Hugin does not use crop it uses a selection.
Selection does not change the hfov when it is changed.  I remember the
image circle of the fe-8 with CoolPix995 being close to 183 deg.  So if
the images are left in landscape and there is black on the left and
right this will definitely cause the hfov to be much larger.  a 2048 x
1536 pix landscape circular fisheye image with the circle touching the
top and bottom would give the image around 244 hfov.

Jim

Brian Hayes wrote:
> My first instinct was the crop too, but it is defined correctly.  I think it
> is the hfov parameter.  I just threw in 193 and left everything else the
> same, final pano ended up real close.  Time for optimization!
>
> Brian Hayes

Jim Watters

jwatters @ photocreations . ca
http://photocreations.ca