Sender:m_c_r_a_n_e
Date/Time:2008-Aug-30 19:31:31
Subject:Re: Nadir/Zenith patching workflow

PanoTools NG: Re: Nadir/Zenith patching workflow m_c_r_a_n_e 2008-Aug-30 19:31:31

wrote:

> > Hans,
> > >
> > > I really do not get it.
> > >
> > I get that.
> > What you are saying is "expert" opinion to a novice. This is not
> > intutive. You and I know that PTadjust is not easy to use.
> > If you want to extract a section on or off the horizon in a
sphere you
> > need to now your cooordinates before hand. That is a fact.
> > Dont even think to compare your knowledge to what is "expected"
to be
> > delivered by todays tools and marketing. We are old good stock!
> >
> Mike
> Anyone who does panoramas can learn that in 5 minutes.
> Its actually exactly the same as applying the yaw tilt options in
PTGui.

> Or if you are doing FPP you need the same to set hotspots.
>
> Panotools adjust is incredibly fast so if you should miss the
correct place in the first
> conversion it just takes 10 sec to do anew one.

I just installed the "new" panotools photoshop plugin + pano12.dll
and it is worse here than with epaperpress offering in that memalloc
(2) happens almost instantly. trying to extract 16bit nadir with
ptadjust.
when it works it is obviously quicker that previously described
convoluted methods.
something is FUBAR'ed with my pc.

mick