Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2008-Aug-30 21:51:02
Subject:Re: Nadir/Zenith patching workflow

PanoTools NG: Re: Nadir/Zenith patching workflow Hans Nyberg 2008-Aug-30 21:51:02
--- In #removed#, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

> No mcrane,
>
> The plugins do not work for anyone past roughly 10000-12000 width
> resolution.

The max for the OSX plugins is about 12000x6000 8bit which is more than enough for doing
nadir or zenith extractions which is what most people wants to do.
If my original is 16 bit  I just make a duplicate in 8bit for the conversion.
You never need the 16 bit for this step.

 Java (PTEditor ) can not at all do 12000 and as far as I know SuperRune has also smaller
maximum sizes.

You can do the same in PTGui but the workflow is much  slower than doing it all in
Photoshop.

Hans