Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2008-Oct-14 17:49:35
Subject:Re: Re: focus blending with enfuse: How?

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: focus blending with enfuse: How? Roger Howard 2008-Oct-14 17:49:35
On Tue, October 14, 2008 2:03 am, paul womack wrote:
> Harry van der Wolf wrote:
>> Great,
>>
>> That did it, incl. the Hardmask. I had to set the levels to the full 29,
>> but
>> than I got a good result.
>> And it was not necessary to do it on the command line ;)
>
> On the (off topic for this list?) subject of focus stacking,
> how do people deal with the slight scaling effects one
> gets with varying focus distance?

On a similar note, it was suggested to use auto-alignment - but with focus
stacks, won't that be very difficult (by definition)... even though the
images may overlap almost 100%, the regions of detail will be quite
different (particularly when focus stacking is most useful). Whenever I've
used focus stacking, I made very sure to have my camera/tripod locked down
tightly so I didn't need to manually register the shots.