Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2008-Oct-14 19:41:51
Subject:Re: focus blending with enfuse: How?

PanoTools NG: Re: focus blending with enfuse: How? Erik Krause 2008-Oct-14 19:41:51
Am Tuesday, October 14, 2008 um 8:49 schrieb Roger Howard:

> On a similar note, it was suggested to use auto-alignment - but with focus
> stacks, won't that be very difficult (by definition)... even though the images
> may overlap almost 100%, the regions of detail will be quite different
> (particularly when focus stacking is most useful). Whenever I've used focus
> stacking, I made very sure to have my camera/tripod locked down tightly so I
> didn't need to manually register the shots.

That's true of course. However, if the depth of field of the images
of a focus stack don't overlap you can't do focus blending. Hence
there are always regions that are sharp in adjacent images that can
be used by automatic alignment.

An example was discussed on the hugin-ptx list some time ago:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=15296055&framed=y

best regards
--
Erik Krause