Sender:'Keith Martin' keith@...
Date/Time:2014-Jul-29 18:12:56
Subject:Re: Dizzying Panoramas Of Stars In Motion

PanoTools NG: Re: Dizzying Panoramas Of Stars In Motion 'Keith Martin' keith@... 2014-Jul-29 18:12:56

Erik Krause wrote:
> Of course not, but you ask a question only he can answer...

Actually, what Vincent Brady has created is *very* impressive, but that
doesn't mean the technical methods couldn't be improved.

First of all, a stitcher template would be eminently sensible, and it
would mean stitching could be done without further control points. Sure,
things are moving in the sky, but that's irrelevant; the shots are all
from the same positions so each set can be stitched without having to
fuss with CPs once the correct values have been set up once.

Second, judging by the shot at the start that shows a large metal '+'
with the cameras mounted at the end of each arm, the cameras are much
further offset than they need to be. Moving them as close together as
possible would make the output more reliable.

Creatively? Lovely stuff.

Posted by: "Keith Martin" <#removed#>