Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2004-May-05 19:17:05
Subject:Re: Re: Can´t open output TIFF files

PanoTools: Re: Re: Can´t open output TIFF files Erik Krause 2004-May-05 19:17:05
On 5 May 2004 at 14:34, John Houghton wrote:

> This is a known issue with recent versions of Photoshop.  See thread
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools/message/7673

Yes, the Packbits problem. As I suggested previously its good to use
tiffcp to convert to no compression or zip compression.

BTW.: does anyone have tiff tools with LZW enabled?

I recently asked in the Adobe photoshop forum and Chris Cox (one of
the programmers) answered that there is a wrong type cast due to a
compiler bug. Adobe will fix it in the next major release.

He recommended to switch to a different compression format in
panotools.

Unfortunately all the tiff stuff seems to be in PTStitcher for which
there is no source code available...

regards
--
Erik Krause