Sender:Jim Watters
Date/Time:2004-May-06 00:02:15
Subject:Re: PTStitcher and Pano12.dll

PanoTools: Re: PTStitcher and Pano12.dll Jim Watters 2004-May-06 00:02:15
I just finished doing the same thing and was about to publish.  You beat
me by about 20 minuets.

If anyone is interested in making the change themselves:
The value at offset 0x186E has been changed
from COMPRESSION_PACKBITS 0X8005 to COMPRESSION_NONE 0X0001

I do not believe it is possible to just set this flag to LZW by itself.
The current version of Pano12.dll is not compiled using libtiff with LZW
enabled.
I compiled a version for testing and changing PTStitcher had some
initial success.
The patent runs out on July 7.  Should have it working by then.

 Jim Watters

 Graphic Software Developer
 http://members.rogers.com/jimwatters

http://companion.yahoo.com