Sender:Mike Krochter
Date/Time:2004-Nov-12 15:02:19
Subject:Re: screws... HELP!!! USA and GB members, please!!!

PanoTools: Re: screws... HELP!!! USA and GB members, please!!! Mike Krochter 2004-Nov-12 15:02:19
Just go to a good machine shop in your area and they can fix you up.

Ian Wood <#removed#> wrote:

For making a threaded hole or nut you need a tap.

For making a threaded bar or screw you need a die.

I don't know the German names.

Try Chronos:

www.chronos.ltd.uk/acatalog/
Chronos_Catalogue_Carbon_Taps___Dies_3.html&CatalogBody>

If this doesn't take you there directly the home page is
, 'enter store' on the left side, scroll
down to 'Taps & Dies', then 'Carbon Taps & Dies'

If you have any trouble let me know, I need to get some myself, I can
get extras and can post them to you.

Ian

On 12 Nov 2004, at 10:48, Luca Vascon wrote:

>> What you want are known either as 1/4" Whitworth and 3/8" Whitworth or
>> 1/4" UNC and 3/8" UNC.
>
> Anyone who can buy a nice screw-maker (what is the correct name???)
> male and
> female and send me it?
> Or just tell me the name in english and german so I look through eBay?
> Better if from europe side, less hassle and problems, and es sendig
> expenses.
> :-))))))))))
> Merci Danke Obrigado Thanx Grazie!!!!
>
> Luca.
> Università Iuav di Venezia
>
> Dr. Luca Vascon
> tel . (+39) 041.2571262, e-mail #removed#
>
> Laboratorio multimedia Facoltà di Design e Arti, DADI
> Magazzino 7 ex Ligabue, Dorsoduro 1827 30123 Venezia
> ITALY
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

It's a fine line between " Hobby" and " Mental Illness".

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM