Sender:Flemming V. Larsen
Date/Time:2000-Aug-04 23:33:05
Subject:Memory Cache

proj-imim: Memory Cache Flemming V. Larsen 2000-Aug-04 23:33:05
Your movie example now run very smooth and it's fast loading. The caching seems to work fine.

But how does this cache actually work. If I have a jpeg at 100 kb, my image-browser tells me it unpacks to "current memory size" 3.9 MB. Is it the jpeg-size or the memory-size that is kept in the cache?

And does the cache only use psychical RAM.

Could a max cache size be implemented or is it only possible to do a true or false?

Flemming