Sender:Ed Howard
Date/Time:2000-Aug-07 03:46:45
Subject:Re: Static Hots

proj-imim: Re: Static Hots Ed Howard 2000-Aug-07 03:46:45
> Ed Howard wrote:
> > The viewer I am playing with has 7 control shotspots and 10
newPanoFromList
> > shotspots i'.
> > I am trying to get it so that whichever of the latter is displaying, it
is
> > highlighted. It appears that I have to add (and reformatt) all 17
shotspots
> > to each of the 10 newPano parameters to get one "highlight.gif" to move
down
> > the list. Or is there a way to respecify just one....
> >
> You don't need to reformat the hotspot list. Add the
> highlight.gif to each hotspot, and turn it on or off
> as required using DrawSHSImage()/HideSHSImage()/ToggleSHSImage().
>
> Helmut Dersch

If I want the currently playing pano "highlighted", thats easy enough, but I
can't seem to get multiple u' commands to work. To highlight pano 5 on
clicking the shotspot image map, I would need to DrawSHSImage(5) and
HideSHSImage(0,1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9) since the number of the previously
highlighted pano is unknown. How do I use more than 1 u' in a shotspot
value?

See http://www.howardmodels.net/PT/ for the working example.

This was done by respecifying all 17 shotspots in each of the 10 panos .
It makes for a 23k HTML file vs 7k prior. It works though.
Also, this - DrawSHSImage() and HideSHSImage() - combo would need to be done
AGAIN with the javascript Text links seperately..... where with the example
method, its covered....

Is there an easier way of doing this that I am missing????

The JavaScript controls were added at the clients request so that their
current database works with it.

An easier way...
If respecifying SHotspots in pano parameters only affected Shotspots of an
equal or greater number,
I could make my final SHotspot a floater and just change its coordinates in
each pano.
Constant SHotspots would get low numbers. alterable SHotspots high numbers.
To change all SHotspots, start with SHotspot(0).

Thanks
ED