Sender:Sacha Griffin
Date/Time:2006-Jun-04 19:35:22
Subject:Re: Re: How many shots with a Nikon 10.5mm?

PanoTools: Re: Re: How many shots with a Nikon 10.5mm? Sacha Griffin 2006-Jun-04 19:35:22
How do you use selection? Is this something supported in ptgui?
That possible could save a preliminary masking step.

Sacha

> panoramicsdk wrote:
> > When changing the FOV it is always needed
> > to reoptimize the a b c. Even changing FOV 1 degree will give you
diffferent parameters.
> > A fisheye is very different in the outer area and cropping that
will change everything.

> > Here is an image with a 2 image stitch using a 10,5mm on a 20D.
> > The full circle is here around 176 degree at the corners and 130
cropped to edge.
> > http://www.panoramas.dk/technics/10.5mm-circular-crop.jpg
> >
> > After optimizing parameters on both you get very different a b but
the same for c which is
> > natural as it is the centre. The 2 stitches matches almost perfect.
> > If I use the parameters for the full 176 degree optimizing and try
to optimize it without
> > optimizing a b and c the errros are 30-40 pixels at a 3000 pixels
panorama.

> > Also note that the area  cropped off is moved so far out to the
sides that it will never be
> > used by the blender.
> >
> > And the parameters are of course both also different from what I
get using fullframe crop.

> > Hans
> >
> If instead of using crop you use selection, then the original fov is
> used and none of the abc parameters need reoptimized.
>
> # S100,600,100,800   Selection(l,r,t,b), Only pixels inside the
rectangle will be used for conversion.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM

<*> PanoTools List Reader @ GMane:
    http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools