Sender:tflyfish2002
Date/Time:2006-Jun-04 21:34:19
Subject:Re: How many shots with a Nikon 10.5mm?

PanoTools: Re: How many shots with a Nikon 10.5mm? tflyfish2002 2006-Jun-04 21:34:19
I have been trying to follow this thread but now I'm lost!  Why, if
you are using PTgui, are you bothering with lens parameters at all? As
well as FOV? These will all vary depending on the crop, number of
images used, overlap etc.  Why not let Ptgui do it all for you?

Yes, you can mask a tiff image to exclude any area prior to stitching,
but be warned that a large masked out area might result in few found
control points.  What I sometimes do is to open the project without
masked images, let PTgui find the control points, optimise and then go
back to photoshop, mask the image as necessary, save it back to the
same location and then run Ptgui to create the Panorama.  If you are
masking a Nadir then it seems to matter where in the stack the Nadir
is.  I usually put it at the top.  It's also worth trying first of all
to let PTgui do the blending, and then trying Smartblend on a smaller
jpg file (Used as a preview) Once you are happy with the result you
then create the panorama to the desired final file size.

Hope this helps.

Barry

<*> PanoTools List Reader @ GMane:
    http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools