Sender:tflyfish2002
Date/Time:2006-Jun-05 01:01:23
Subject:Re: How many shots with a Nikon 10.5mm?

PanoTools: Re: How many shots with a Nikon 10.5mm? tflyfish2002 2006-Jun-05 01:01:23
Hans,
I guess that you want to run panotools only with a script.  Well I
admire you in being that smart, I certainly couldn't do it.
I know nothing about PTMac since I am windows based, but I have used
PTGui a lot with fisheye images, both with a "Cut-off" 1.6 camera and
lately with a full frame and I would not call PTGui stupid at all.
Please remember it is just a GUI to Panotools plus some of it's own
routines such as control point generation and it's own blending. All
of which works very well in my view, almost automatic. These days I
can concentrate on the photo's rather than prgramming scripts for
panotools.
Please If you would like, email me or publish a set of your images and
I will see how long it takes me to make a panoramic using PTGui.
Please remember that I have never made a pano using your lens camera
combo.

Regards,

Barry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM