Sender:panoramicsdk
Date/Time:2006-Jun-17 20:59:02
Subject:Re: Focusing problems with a 10.5mm mounted on a 350D

PanoTools: Re: Focusing problems with a 10.5mm mounted on a 350D panoramicsdk 2006-Jun-17 20:59:02
--- In #removed#, "udedomenico" <udedomenico@...> wrote:

> what does that mean I do not know (what should I not turn all the way
> to the end?).

> The result can be seen in this picture:
>
> http://www.umbertodedomenico.net/NikonTest/Test.jpg
>
> What should I do to get better focusing?

To find out where the focus is with your adapter you have to do some testshots.
This is especially important if you want to use it on full aperture.

1. Find a subject like the one you already have taken with subjects at 20-30 m away but
include something also in the front at 1,3m distance.

2. Set lens to full aperture 2,8

3. Take 1 shot with the focus turned all the way to stop a the infinity mark.

4. Take 3 more images and turn the focus 1mm each time.

One of these images should be sharp both at the front and in the distance areas

You can now tape the focus with  a duck tape like I have done so that you never need to
think about focus unless you want to take a panorama in very close environments.

Remember that Canon is very soft and need to be sharpened in Photoshop to look very
sharp.
You should use unsharp mask with radius 0,4 and 300-450%

Hans

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM