Sender:udedomenico
Date/Time:2006-Jun-19 20:25:41
Subject:Re: Focusing problems with a 10.5mm mounted on a 350D

PanoTools: Re: Focusing problems with a 10.5mm mounted on a 350D udedomenico 2006-Jun-19 20:25:41
Hans,
Many thanks for your response.
You are right.
I have just run a quick test and I see the difference....
moving slightly away from the extreme infinite the shots gets
definitively on focus....

thanks a lot!
Umberto

wrote:

> > what does that mean I do not know (what should I not turn all the
way
> > to the end?).
>
> > The result can be seen in this picture:
> >
> > http://www.umbertodedomenico.net/NikonTest/Test.jpg
> >
> > What should I do to get better focusing?
> >

> To find out where the focus is with your adapter you have to do
some testshots.
> This is especially important if you want to use it on full aperture.
>
> 1. Find a subject like the one you already have taken with subjects
at 20-30 m away but
> include something also in the front at 1,3m distance.
>
> 2. Set lens to full aperture 2,8
>
> 3. Take 1 shot with the focus turned all the way to stop a the
infinity mark.

> 4. Take 3 more images and turn the focus 1mm each time.
>
> One of these images should be sharp both at the front and in the
distance areas

> You can now tape the focus with  a duck tape like I have done so
that you never need to
> think about focus unless you want to take a panorama in very close
environments.

> Remember that Canon is very soft and need to be sharpened in
Photoshop to look very

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM