Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2006-Nov-14 17:30:22
Subject:Re: Re: OT: Local Contrast

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: OT: Local Contrast Bjørn K Nilssen 2006-Nov-14 17:30:22
On 13 Nov 2006 at 22:42, Erik Krause wrote:

> If you save the curve to a file and record the rest to an action you
> have an automatism.
>
> Using a curve is far better than using a threshold since there will
> be no hard edge and hence no banding.

And if you do all this to an Adjustments layers (AL) mask you can tweak it back and forth
until you get it just right, and use all tools like Blur, Levels and so on on the mask.
I often make a Levels AL with mask for the highlights, and another one for the shadows,
using the same mask inverted. To blend them I use Gaussian blur on the mask, and adjust
Black and White Point Levels as well as gamma on the mask until it's just right, with no
halos. I also often make similar sets with masked Curves.AL and Hue/Sat AL.

--
#removed#    // Bj?K? Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
Kristiansand, Norway