Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2007-Mar-13 13:20:34
Subject:Re: Transparent Object Movies

PanoTools NG: Re: Transparent Object Movies Yuval Levy 2007-Mar-13 13:20:34
Thomas Rauscher wrote:
> Hello Yuval,
>
> on Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 01:50:58 you wrote:
>
> YL> is there a way to synchronize their auto rotation speed
> YL> so that from the same project file
> YL> both outputs rotate at the same speed?
>
> This is a tricky one. I decided to save some memory with the Flash
> player and so I decode each JPEG when it is needed.

am I right assuming that that this memory saving is only RAM and no
bandwidth?

and that the above means that each JPEG image is decoded once every 360°
rotation?

if so, could you add a tickbox to choose if each image should be decoded
when needed as now, or if the object should initiate itself by decoding
all images to RAM and then run on the decoded images?

> I will make some tests with pre
> decoded images and I hope this helps with this problem.

thanks, it would be great!

For inspiration, have a look at this Java based solution.

<http://www.holomatix.com/assets/sony_dcr-pc1000/index.html>

It has transparency inside the applet window like pure and it seems to
integrates Flash inside the Java applet:

<http://content.hmxmedia.com/thales/explorist/index.html>

the smoothness of the objects is amazing.

I am aware that this is working with 3D generated objects and textures
and not with individual frames as the objectVR in QuickTime or Pano2QTVR
 - the smoothness of my Pano2QTVR object in QuickTime is more than
enough for me and what I would like to have is the same smoothness as
QuickTime in Flash, and maybe access to a customizeable Flash controller
to play with mouse movement inertia and add buttons such as in the
examples above.

Thanks
Yuv

--
Copyright © 2007 Yuval Levy
Verbatim copying and distribution on other medium than YahooGroup

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/gWFolB/TM