Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2007-Jul-30 19:45:58
Subject:Re: Setting image resolution in PTGui

PanoTools NG: Re: Setting image resolution in PTGui Robert C. Fisher 2007-Jul-30 19:45:58
Michael
When dealing with images pixels are pixels, it's only when you get
into making prints that DPI comes into play. Oh and web pages, I
guess it's really output to the real world. If your image is 2500 x
1250 then that is it until you need to output that image to the
world. You can set DPI in photoshop according to where the image is
headed, 72 for the web, 100-300 DPI for prints (depending on size). I
pretty ignore anything but the actual pixels until I print or output.

Does that make sense?
  When stitching a project in PTGui I just output the image at the
Maximum resolution, which should be pixel equal to the combined total
of the images less the areas of overlap. This way there is no
interpolating of the pixels until I need to do that for some reason.
This way I can keep the same sharpness as the original images.

On Jul 30, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Michael wrote:

> I can't seem to find where to set the output resolution. It always
> outputs at 72dpi and I want at least 200. What am I missing??

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher
VR Photography/Cinematography