Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2007-Dec-04 21:56:33
Subject:Re: Help with selection of a proper Panning head

PanoTools NG: Re: Help with selection of a proper Panning head Erik Krause 2007-Dec-04 21:56:33
On Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 19:51, montanajimbo2001 wrote:

> They have a 303Plus Precision Pan Head and also a
> 303SPH Multi Row Pan Head. I feel that 303Plus which is rated at a
> gear weight of 11 lbs will work but only for a 360 rotation.  The
> 303SPH is only rated at 8.8 lbs so I'm nervous about going their...

I had a Manfrotto SPH in my hands several times and am far from
convinced that the 8.8 lbs are meant seriously. My combo is just half
as heavy and pretty wobbles on the SPH. That's because I made my own:
http://www.erik-krause.de/panohead/

More information on different heads - including self made ones:
http://wiki.panotools.org/Heads

best regards
--
http://www.erik-krause.de