Sender:afrenyo
Date/Time:2012-Feb-26 03:08:12
Subject:Re: low budget rotator

PanoTools NG: Re: low budget rotator afrenyo 2012-Feb-26 03:08:12
hey.

the motorizer either turns continuously while the remote's button is pressed, or makes a single, ca. 540degree turn on a single press, depending on the mode it is set to.

the direction is not reversible.  the rotator runs on 4 AA batteries, but can take 8.  the remote has one AA battery in it.

that's really all there's to it.

not the ideal rotator, but certainly the cheapest solution for compact cameras.  one only needs to fit the bracket (i used two washers and three small nails).

although i use it for film, as intended, it seemed natural to adapt it to my NEX, once i had it, and the mod does not effect either the head or the motorizer in fulfilling its intended purpose.

i have not actually used this setup for panoramas yet, but have been shooting some private events with the NEX/Samyang on my bracket.

i hope this answers your questions,
andras