Sender:Roger D Williams
Date/Time:2012-Feb-26 11:36:28
Subject:Re: Re: low budget rotator

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: low budget rotator Roger D Williams 2012-Feb-26 11:36:28
Thank you.

On Feb 26, 2012, at 11:08 AM, "afrenyo" <#removed#> wrote:

> the motorizer either turns continuously while the remote's button is pressed, or makes a single, ca. 540degree turn on a single press, depending on the mode it is set to.

How fast does it turn?

> the direction is not reversible.  the rotator runs on 4 AA batteries, but can take 8.  the remote has one AA battery in it.

What is the effective range of the control unit? Or perhaps I should ask how reliable you found the control unit to be at the distances you normally are away from it.

> that's really all there's to it.
>
> not the ideal rotator, but certainly the cheapest solution for compact cameras.  one only needs to fit the bracket (i used two washers and three small nails).

I  am completely hopeless at things like fitting brackets. Is it really that simple?

> although i use it for film, as intended, it seemed natural to adapt it to my NEX, once i had it, and the mod does not effect either the head or the motorizer in fulfilling its intended purpose.

"Mod" makes me uneasy...

> i have not actually used this setup for panoramas yet, but have been shooting some private events with the NEX/Samyang on my bracket.

Do you think it is strong enough for a more conventional DSLR like the rather light and relatively small Pentax K-x? I have found out where the Lomography Gallery Store is in Tokyo and will be visiting it to see what it looks like for myself but I would like to hear your opinion if you have one.

> i hope this answers your questions,
> andras

Most helpful, thank you again,

Roger W.