Sender:Hans
Date/Time:2012-Mar-18 16:36:21
Subject:Re: Canon 5D MKII

PanoTools NG: Re: Canon 5D MKII Hans 2012-Mar-18 16:36:21

--- In #removed#, "pedro_silva58" <pedro_silva58@...> wrote:

> hans,
>
> thank you for replying.
>
> in the previous discussion in this thread, it was not clear (to me) that it was this sort of issue that was being discussed.  i thought the issue was between-image differences, not within-image differences.  my bad, i suppose!
>
> still, i don't understand how a vertical-travel focal plane shutter, like the one in the d7000, would produce this left-to-rite unevenness along the full long side.  perhaps you would be kind enough to explain?

A vertical-travel focal plane shutter. is of course running from top to bottom  as seen in landscape.
That is how almost all modern DSLR shutters work since the 1970s. It gives a shorter travel than the old time horizontal shutters and this gives you  shorter exposures for full opening and with that syncronization of flash up to 1/200 sec with todays shutters.

As we take the images in portrait it means that the problem will be as in my examples.

Hans