Sender:Helmut Dersch
Date/Time:2000-Jul-13 10:17:59
Subject:Re: PTObject

proj-imim: Re: PTObject Helmut Dersch 2000-Jul-13 10:17:59
Steven McQuinn wrote:

> Looks like you are using transparent gifs in this demo.

Transparent gifs could be used. The example, however, uses
jpeg images. The transparency mask is provided as separate
b/w gif image. This is why you first see the unmasked image,
which becomes transparent after the mask image is loaded.

> I wonder if a Flash
> movie could be wired into your API, as Flash objects can be self masking,
> can't they? (not sure about that). There are programs out which convert 3D
> models to Flash vector renders. (www.swift3D.com)

This should be no problem for someone knowing the Flash
format. Other movie formats (eg QT) could also be used
with the help of JMF.

> By the way, what the heck is that thing in the object movie? Looks like a
> joystick for people who need to build up calluses really fast.

I am wondering myself. I needed an object movie fast,
and found this little demo among the POVRay examples.

Regards

Helmut Dersch