Sender:wardnet2001
Date/Time:2006-Jul-18 00:52:00
Subject:Re: Problems with sticthing Zenith....

PanoTools: Re: Problems with sticthing Zenith.... wardnet2001 2006-Jul-18 00:52:00
--- In #removed#, "udedomenico" <udedomenico@...> wrote:

> What I am trying to say is that if you have a zenith shot with some
> possible stitching points (say some buildings) then it is OK.
> The problem comes when you have just blu sky with some innocent
> clouds...
> how do you stitch that?
> PTGUI is unable to get points.
> so what?
> Am I supposed to run a cubic conversion and then do some photoshop to
> fill up the hole?
> I really hope not!
> thanks for your reading and, hopefully, your help!
> U.

 That's one solution. Try the excellent free version of Pano2QTVR to
extract cube faces then use it to make a finished QuickTime VR.

Another solution I really like for retouching equirectangular images
in general is to use PTEditor (also free and part of PanoTools). Start
PTEditor, load in an equirectangular pano, extract the view (of
anywhere at all in the pano) you would like to retouch, retouch it,
finally insert the retouched image back into the equirectangular pano.

Both these methods must be in the Wiki somewhere but I couldn't point
you to where.

There are other solutions as well, but I prefer PTEditor.

Bill

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM