Sender:Kathy Wheeler
Date/Time:2006-Jul-12 07:55:10
Subject:Re: Photoshop Adjustment Layers/Adjustments on Seperate Image Areas?

PanoTools NG: Re: Photoshop Adjustment Layers/Adjustments on Seperate Image Areas? Kathy Wheeler 2006-Jul-12 07:55:10
On 12/07/2006, at 3:33 PM, Wheaton, Simon wrote:
> I want to apply different adjustment layers
> (Curves-Brightness/Contrast-Hue/Saturation) to both the ground and to
> the sky.
>
> I also want to use a different Shadow/Highlight adjustment setting on
> both the ground and the sky.

I'd suggest you copy for eg the sky area only with a soft feathered
edge to another layer and apply the adjustment layers separately.

> I tried it and it seems that the adjustment layers, as well as the
> Shadow/Highlight adjustment, affect the whole image and not just the
> separate areas of ground or sky.

I tend not to use adjustment layers myself - preferring to select the
area of concern (or a copy of it) and apply the effects directly.

Cheers,
KathyW.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/gWFolB/TM