Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2006-Jul-12 09:26:03
Subject:Re: Photoshop Adjustment Layers/Adjustments on Seperate Image Areas?

PanoTools NG: Re: Photoshop Adjustment Layers/Adjustments on Seperate Image Areas? Bjørn K Nilssen 2006-Jul-12 09:26:03
On 11 Jul 2006 at 23:14, yuval levy wrote:

> > Is it correct that the Shadow/Highlight adjustment
> > is not available as
> > an adjustment layer? (I wish it was!)
>
> I am afraid you are correct. But if you become
> proficient with the curves tool, you won't miss it.

Well, I would definitely miss S/H ;)
You can treat S/H as adjustment layers (which I use a lot) by copying your entire image
to a new layer and apply S/H to it. Then you can apply a Layer mask to that layer to
control where S/H should be applied. And you could adjust the Layer fill or transparency
(never see much difference between them..) and blend mode. If you need different S/H for
different areas you could just add a new layer/mask for each.
Layers and masks are great :)

--
#removed#    // Bjørn Kåre Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
Kristiansand, Norway