Sender:Joost Nieuwenhuijse
Date/Time:2007-Jan-24 12:06:15
Subject:Re: Re: New projection: Miller

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: New projection: Miller Joost Nieuwenhuijse 2007-Jan-24 12:06:15
Hi Andrey,

Sorry if I didn't reply, I get a lot of requests for new features and
all are added to my wish list. The new projections will definitely be
added into PTGui. You can use them now already by changing one number in
the 'Show Script' dialog.

Full support for those projections is not that trivial though, since the
panorama editor needs to 'know' the maths behind each projection, so
this requires more work than just adding a line to a listbox.

Pedro: i'll let you have your opinion, but a lot of code in PTGui was
written from the ground up to overcome problems in PTStitcher and PTools
at the time, in particular related to creating very large panoramas.
Still nothing prevents you from using the panotools optimizer or the
autopano plugin if you prefer that, so I don't see any hole around me.

What's more, I found it difficult to support each and every panotools
version. We have 3 different stitchers (ptstitcher, nona, ptmender),
each supporting a different subset of the features. And there was a
binary compatibility break in pano12 v2.8.4. I plan to catch up with the
developments though.

Joost