Sender:Bruno Postle
Date/Time:2006-Feb-01 16:07:22
Subject:Re: Gimp panotools plugin (Linux)

PanoTools: Re: Gimp panotools plugin (Linux) Bruno Postle 2006-Feb-01 16:07:22
peter_gawthrop wrote:

> 1. pan controls items always fail with: "Could not read Preferences"

The 'Pan controls' tools require that a panorama is loaded into the
'buffer', you do this somehow from the 'adjust' dialog.

This bit of the plugin is very outdated and really painful to use,
it was abandoned by Helmut and superceded by pteditor with a much
better interface - You can also do similar things with any of the
front-ends such as hugin.

The only remaining useful parts of the plugin are the 'Correct',
'Perspective' and 'Remap' dialogs.

> 2. I tried to follow Dersh's tutorial using panorama tools-->adjust. I
> produces an extracted image of the correct size but containing nothing
> recognisable.

What do you need this stuff for?

--
Bruno