Sender:Serge Maandag
Date/Time:2006-May-12 17:09:08
Subject:RE: How do you shoot the Nadir?

PanoTools: RE: How do you shoot the Nadir? Serge Maandag 2006-May-12 17:09:08
> For me the hardest part of shooting a 360x180 panoramic is
> shooting the Nadir. I use a full frame camera and a Sigma
> 8mm.  The Nadir is no problem when it is a flat surface such
> as a hard floor or grass, easy to patch.  But I have been
> attempting to shoot the interior of a small boat and the
> Nadir is proving very difficult with hand holding for this
> one shot.  Any suggestions?

that is just hell. Hold your camera e few cm too high or low
and you'll have terrible parallax differences. A flat surface
doesn't have that problem, you can simply eliminate hight
differences there by optimizing FoV for the nadir.

The only advice I have is to use as much of the horizontal
shots as possible. That means keeping the tripod legs close
together and if you have a vertical extender, use it to keep
the pano head further from the legs.

Because of the close distance to the camera, the legs will
get much smaller in the final view with each cm your camera
moves upwards from them.

serge.

Op de inhoud van dit e-mailbericht en de daaraan gehechte bijlagen is de inhoud van
de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:  <http://www.zeelandnet.nl/disclaimer.php>

For the content of this e-mail message and its attachment(s) the following
disclaimer applies:  <http://www.zeelandnet.nl/disclaimer.php>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM