Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2006-May-12 19:39:07
Subject:Re: Re: How do you shoot the Nadir?

PanoTools: Re: Re: How do you shoot the Nadir? Roger Howard 2006-May-12 19:39:07

On Friday, May 12, 2006, at 10:31AM, tflyfish2002 <#removed#> wrote:

>Floors are easy to deal with, I actually use the Masking from
>PhotoShop and with PTGui to do this.
>
>I am talking about non-flat Nadir's such as a small boat where
>parallax is a big problem.  One other solution would be to invert my
>spherical pano head over the object and deal with a much easier
>Zenith, but this would be a little impractical in the field.

Ahh, gotcha. Well the best I've done in the past was to use a guide like a monopod to mark in space approx. where the NPP is, then unmount my camera and position it there roughly. Again, given you'll still have a quite small patch to fix, the parallax would seem to be manageable for most scenarios.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM