Sender:Paul Fawley
Date/Time:2007-Mar-14 09:57:50
Subject:Re: Intro (wasRe: How many shots for a 360x180 with the Sigma 8mm?)

PanoTools NG: Re: Intro (wasRe: How many shots for a 360x180 with the Sigma 8mm?) Paul Fawley 2007-Mar-14 09:57:50
On 14 Mar 2007, at 06:59, Roger Berry wrote:

> Here's a pano 4 shots with Sigma 8mm that I have not worked on yet,

Hi Group

I am a photographer based in manchester UK.

I went digital in 1994 and have only just got into panos!.

  My Current set up is a precision 360precision  adjuste head with a
canon 5D 15mm. ( The 1dsmk2 is overkill and too big for immersive VR
I think). The head is very precise with 6 shots round and gives a
perfect zenith but the nadir still requires a hand held shot down.

I am used to shooting everything RAW  as this gives a lot more
control and consistency. Having tried a few software demos and
purchased a few others, I have gone with PTGui (fisheye enabled),
cubic converter and cubic connector which enables me to retouch the
nadir.

Having joined a week ago I have already learnt a lot from the
archives and more recently from Rogers posts and incredible pole shots!

I am considering switching to an 8mm on the 5d or 1ds as surely this
will make a 360 with 2 shots???   plans is that I would like to hang
the camera out over the edge of a building  so guidance re- platform
and which software to use would be appreciated.

When my work load  lightens  I am looking forward to experimenting
more and in may taking the kit with me to india for a 10 week shoot.

I have spotted some familiar names on the members list so hello to
them :)

Best Wishes

Paul Fawley
Member AOP UK