Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2007-Mar-14 11:23:47
Subject:Re: Intro

PanoTools NG: Re: Intro Hans Nyberg 2007-Mar-14 11:23:47
--- In #removed#, Paul Fawley <fawley@...> wrote:

> > > I am considering switching to an 8mm on the 5d or 1ds as surely this
> > > will make a 360 with 2 shots??? plans is that I would like to hang
> > > the camera out over the edge of a building so guidance re- platform
> > > and which software to use would be appreciated.
> >
> > The image circle on the 8mm won't cover much of the sensor on the 5D,
> > and you would be using a lot of the worst quality part of the images.

> I had hoped that some of the software would use the circular image on
> the 5D 8mm combo?
>
> I do have a 350D that the 8mm would go on giving a similar set up to
> Rogers 20D

The quality of the new Sigma 3.5 is close to the Nikkor 10,5mm but your resolution will be
a little smaller.
Image circle for 8mm is 23.5mm and for 10,5mm it is 28mm

Anyhow you will need 3 shots with both. There is no chance you can do  a good 2 shot
pano as there is no overlap.

Hanging it outside a building can be done in many ways depending on the place.
If it is just 50-100 cm outside you can just as well use the 15mm and get superior quality.
You will be amazed how good that will look.
Take a look at Laurent Thions panorama here for example.

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen6/f39-chateau-chenonceau.html

As far as I remember he is using the 10,5 on a D200 or D2X, which is the same as the
15mm on the 5D.

Hans
www.panoramas.dk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/gWFolB/TM