Sender:Milko K. Amorth
Date/Time:2008-Feb-27 20:02:26
Subject:Re: Difficulties getting Enfuse Auto Align droplet to work

PanoTools NG: Re: Difficulties getting Enfuse Auto Align droplet to work Milko K. Amorth 2008-Feb-27 20:02:26
Hi Yuv,

> Before spending time on modifying align_image_ stack, I would like to
> understand the utility of such exercise. Why expand what was meant to be
> a reduced, scope limited version; only to reproduce functionality that
> already exists in its bigger sibling, the fully fledged Hugin?

I must agree with you. It does not make sense. The exercise of doing
this comparison was for me to find its limits.
As I have told you already, I am quite happy with what it does already.
I just like to get to know the tools in my arsenal.
I agree that align_image_stack has its place a module or standalone in a
powerful stitching suite like Hugin and compliments it.
Its not long that it has been introduced and I just swiped it when I
first have read about it in Sept 2007.
When Peters struggle with PTgui came up to try to stack these images for
enfuse it was the first thing that came to my mind to try,
since I had not before.

Using Hugin or Ptgui or other Panorama Tools based Guis will do what
Carlos wants it to do.
It's just a matter of knowing how to use the tools you already have on
hand. There are so many ways to achieve one result.
That does not mean one is better than the other. Its just a matter of
ability , preference and means.

Thanks Yuv and Bruno, for looking into this and helping out.

Cheers, Milko

<*> Nabble (Web) http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html