Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2009-Apr-17 06:15:35
Subject:Re: Re:S5/D200/D300 Agnos Ring Warning

PanoTools NG: Re: Re:S5/D200/D300 Agnos Ring Warning Roger D. Williams 2009-Apr-17 06:15:35
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:56:01 +0900, Klaus Hilsenbeck <#removed#>
wrote:

>> > Posted by: "Roger D. Williams" roger@...   roger_d_williams
>> > Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:25 pm (PDT)
>> > ... Agnos ring for my Sigma f/3.5 8mm ....tried to attach
>> > the lens to my Fuji S5 Pro ...there is not enough clearance
>> > above the ring, which fouls the camera.
>
>> Toni <list@...> wrote:
>> Strange, I had no problem with the same gear:
>
> Nor Do I (S5/Ring/8-f3.5)!
> Well, the ring comes close to the 'nose'(2-3mm),
> but does not limit any functionality.
> Roger, are you sure to have the approriate ring-footplate for the 8/f3.5?
> The footplate for the 8/f4 was a bit different in size....

Now you come to mention it, I had to fit a sleeve of card inside the
ring to get it grip the lens properly, and I thought that was VERY
strange for a high-priced and therefore presumably precision
machined devicel Maybe I DID get the wrong one. I'll post a couple
of photos...

Roger

--
Work: www.adex-japan.com