Sender:Sacha Griffin
Date/Time:2005-Dec-14 16:23:30
Subject:RE: Extracting images from an equirectangular file

PanoTools: RE: Extracting images from an equirectangular file Sacha Griffin 2005-Dec-14 16:23:30
Try this wiki page.
http://wiki.panotools.org/Edit_zenith_and_nadir_in_one
_go_with_Adjust_filter

This teaches the plugin. By far the most convenient way to extract and
insert views in a wysiwyg format.

Alternatively, you can use ptgui to set everything up and output.

Also you can learn the parameters by checking the ptgui script, save it and
open it in notepad, and alter your yaw, roll, pitch and drop it onto
ptstitcher..
You could even extend this into a batch file for processing frames.

I don't recommend pteditor, its java based, slow, only 8bit output, hard to
extract exact y,p,r views, but is fairly simple for those unable to
understand or who don't have time to learn the quicker methods above.

Sacha Griffin
Southern Digital Solutions LLC
www.southern-digital.com
www.ezphotosafe.com