Sender:Mark Banas (lists)
Date/Time:2006-May-26 01:12:29
Subject:Re: New monopod panos

PanoTools: Re: New monopod panos Mark Banas (lists) 2006-May-26 01:12:29
On May 25, 2006, at 6:36 PM, Roger Howard wrote:

> Here is an album with a few panos from that test... don't comment on
> my sloppy use of my tripod cap in these cases - traditional caps
> don't work nearly as well when the region to cover up isn't pitch=-90
> and I've not yet decided what to do about that!

Beautiful and surreal colors (but that's California for ya!). The
"over the edge" effect is particularly nice at the bluffs - I have no
fear of heights so I never get tired of that perspective...

As for the tripod caps: (I just gotta... ;-) ) Maybe a closeup photo
of your camera and lens like Rick Drew used here?:
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp905/html/RichardCDrew.html

Of course, in your case it would be viewed from the front (and maybe
slightly above?). You can then take a remapped version of the rest of
the pano and place it over the glass as a "reflection" of the scene.
Might actually make it more interesting for people to wonder what
kind of lens you have that looks back at itself!

-Mark

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM