Sender:Kevin Creley
Date/Time:2006-May-26 19:17:22
Subject:Re: Re: New monopod panos

PanoTools: Re: Re: New monopod panos Kevin Creley 2006-May-26 19:17:22
Thanks for the info and links.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone used the tripod head system offered by
Novoflex?

http://www.novoflex.de/english/html/products.htm

The reference to Jook's Apple Store shot reminded me that Uri asked a
question a few days back that seemingly got lost under the weight of the
funding debate:

--- In #removed#, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

 > (Jook Leung) And he now also joined the crazy Nikkor 10,5 "shavers"
club.

I'm amazed at Jook's ability to shoot crowd panoramas; no matter how
fast I shoot, I still get lots of "ghosts". Do I have to practice a
kind of fast "pirouette" with the camera over my head or what? Any
suggestions?

I would definitely like to know more about getting crisp shots of people
close to the camera - especially in low light situations, which this store
opening definitely is.  I imagine the ISO has to be cranked way up and as
few shots taken as possible - or does Jook have friends from the police
department that scream "Everybody Freeze!" when he is ready for the shots?

Lastly, does "shavers" refer to using an extreme fish-eye to shave shots
out of the workflow?  Please educate a newbie!

- Kevin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM