Sender:Eric O'Brien
Date/Time:2007-Aug-15 08:41:29
Subject:Re: First beta version of Pano2(QT)VR 2.0

PanoTools NG: Re: First beta version of Pano2(QT)VR 2.0 Eric O'Brien 2007-Aug-15 08:41:29
Oooo! for Macintosh too.

Thanks!

(FYI... it would be useful if the version number, including beta
number, were included in the application's info details.  Right now
this reads only "Version: Pano2VR, GardenGnomeSoftware")

eo

On Aug 14, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Thomas Rauscher wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> after the preannouncement at the PanoTools meeting in Lucern I would
> like to officially present the first beta version of Pano2(QT)VR 2.0
> panoramic image converter.
>
> First of all the software will be called Pano2VR from now on to
> reflect
> the focus on many different VR formats, not just QuickTime. I also
> registered the company "Garden Gnome Software" which is the new
> home for
> the product.
>
> I have rewritten the software from (almost) scratch with Trolltechs Qt
> framework so I am now able to offer the software on *Windows*,
> *Mac* and
> *Linux* at the same time. I have written my own QuickTime engine to be
> independent from the installed QuickTime version (and to generate
> QTVRs
> on Linux) and I have dropped the pano12 support for the moment.
> Because
> the pano12 license issue is now solved (THANK YOU HELMUT!!!) I will
> include the support again.

<snip>