Sender:Kathy Wheeler
Date/Time:2008-Nov-18 07:25:39
Subject:Re: Re: pano12 or pano13?

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: pano12 or pano13? Kathy Wheeler 2008-Nov-18 07:25:39
On 18/11/2008, at 10:04 AM, Bruno Postle wrote:
> Just to confuse things, if you are planning on doing a lot of
> command-line stuff, the hugin tools (nona/autooptimiser etc...) are
> much more flexible than PTStitcher/PTOptimizer.  For instance it is
> possible to identify and stitch a folder full of photos with a
> single (long) command-line.
>
> I'm working on a scripting HOWTO, but nowhere near finished.

Ok, you've piqued my interest.

While I wouldn't call it "a lot" we're planning on automating the
script to run once a day on a FreeBSD box, stitching 4 or so images
with an approx final output FOV of about 120 degrees horizontal and
about 20 degrees vertical. Just a slice across the horizon.

Any info you can send me on getting the hugin command-line tools
working together??? I'll even help with the documentation if bribery
will work ;-)

I've had some success with the PTmender / PTblender / PTmasker /
PTroller workflow today but the seams are 45 degree diagonal and I
can't for the life of me (yet) find the right switch to get PTmasker
to mask vertically not diagonally (arrrgggghh!!) It *has* to be
PTmasker as I ran the output files from PTblender through PTroller
and they stitched with obvious but (curved) vertical seams.

I tried the Freebsd ports and they were going to be such a p.i.a.
(wanting do dl and install all manner of superfluous add-ons and
dependencies [ java, diablo sheesh!! ] ) that I went back and grabbed
the tar ball. Much simpler.

Cheers,
KathyW.