Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2009-Dec-15 18:38:52
Subject:Re: Gigapixel, handheld...

PanoTools NG: Re: Gigapixel, handheld... Erik Krause 2009-Dec-15 18:38:52
Bernhard Vogl wrote:

> One point i'd be specifically interested is, how you merged the
> different resolutions to a final panorama. If i read it right, you have
> done this with Photoshop?

No, I did it with PTGui blender. I stitched each resolution separately
as a full equirect. After editing each version in photoshop I saved as
TIFF with alpha channel mask. Then I loaded the three version into
PTGui. Since all three images are 360° equirects I didn't even need to
use different lens parameters. Then I played with blend priority until
it looked ok in pano editor. Blend priority was the reason why I did it
with PTGui.

 > How did you blend the seams? (I really can't spot any)

Most of it did the PTGui blender. I saved as "blended and layers" of
course and edited some seams in photoshop. I always tried to have the
seam in some shadowy region ;-) You can easily spot the transitions if
you zoom in to the stones surrounding the great block in nadir.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de