Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2005-Mar-28 03:32:54
Subject:Re: Re: Problems with PTGui

PanoTools: Re: Re: Problems with PTGui Roger D. Williams 2005-Mar-28 03:32:54
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:53:57 -0000, John Houghton
<#removed#> wrote:

> It helps if you assign
> the images approximage initial yaw values.

Ah, that's very helpful, John. Until I unchecked the "link" button it was
driving me nuts that scrolling the image on the LH side made the image on
the RH side scroll AWAY from where I wanted to stitch. Unchecking helped
that. Now, since I took four circular images 90 degrees apart, I only have
to set the yaw. I suppose it doesn't really matter which one I choose as
zero?

I hadn't really understood the references to yaw before attempting this.
Goes to show you have to DO it before you can GET it. A bit like riding a
bicycle. Duh!

I started off using the PTGui Wizard, but this defaults to rectilinear
lenses, which, er, doesn't work too well. <wry grin> I guess this all
should be fairly simple but I keep getting distracted by WORK! Mustn't
complain, though...

Roger

PanoTools Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
PanoTools Extended Topic Forum: http://forum.panotools.info